Lloyd Ltd’s acquisition of Border Group included the purchase of the global Intellectual Property Rights to the Rhino Barriers product from PolyJohn International. This gives Border Group control of the product from design through to manufacturing and distribution, resulting in greater market opportunities.
Rhino Barriers are the only Polyethylene Temporary Safety Barriers to undergo and pass the stringent criteria specified by BS EN1317:1998 at the World recognised MIRA Testing Authority in the UK.
Rhino Road Barriers are manufactured from tough rotationally moulded polyethylene. They are easy to carry, transport, stack, store, and put together.
One person can easily move an empty barrier into position and the unique pin system allow the barriers to be tightly interlocked for extra strength.
Rhino Barriers can be filled with water for added weight and stability.
Rhino Road Barriers are a means of delineation for both traffic and pedestrians in a number of situations. They can be used at road works, construction sites, ports or terminals, airports, concerts and all manner of special events.
Rhino Barriers are simple to use. There are added features such as safety reflectors, a warning light facility, and room for your company’s signage. They can be manufactured in a variety of colours.
Advantages of Rhino Barriers
- Available in highly visible colours.
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- Simple to install with unique hinge pin.
- Hinge joint can be turned 45 degrees.
- Semi-retractable hinge pin cannot be lost.
- Receptacle in connector hinge pin for flashing lights.
- Can be filled with water or sand.
- Fencing can be added for security purposes.
- Banners can be added for advertising.
Rhino Barriers are supplied in a mixture of white & orange (other colours available) ultra violet stabilised colours, which give a highly visible seamless line of barriers with substantial appearance.
The units can be fitted with safety lights and anti climb fencing and advertising banners. Special end units can be provided at the beginning and end of any line of barriers. Rhino Barriers incorporate forklift truck access points to further assist ease of handling.
- Road construction sites
- Road closure works
- Building/work site pedestrian control
- Sporting events
- Car parks
- Any emergencies
- Military installations
Other than these barriers being lightweight, portable and easy to set-up and install, the design also creates a “ribbon” like effect when a series of barriers are connected together.
The intent is to minimise damage to vehicles and occupants as well as contain and redirect the vehicle to a safe stopping point.
- Rhino Barriers are the only Polyethylene Temporary Safety Barriers to undergo and pass the stringent criteria specified by BS EN1317:1998 at the World recognised MIRA Testing Authority in the UK.
- Rhino barriers also comply with the requirement of Chapter 8 of the Traffic Sign Manual 1991 as specified by the Department of Transport. The Scottish Office, the Welsh Office and the Department of the Environment for Northern Ireland when used as temporary Traffic Safety Barriers.
For more information
To find out more about Rhino Barriers, contact our Sales Team on 01228 675 764 or complete the following form.